You are hereHistory
Safe Harbor Family Church is a Christian Church that began through the efforts of twelve persons, who met over a picnic lunch spread on a quilt in a local park in 1995. The first decision made was to form a church where all would be welcome, would share friendships, love, and spiritual growth, and learn about the grace and love of God.
Over the years, Safe Harbor Family Church has grown from this group of twelve, who met in each other's homes, to a thriving fellowship of nearly 300 dedicated members meeting the needs of a much larger community.
Safe Harbor's logo image is a lighthouse. In today's intolerant and at times hostile environment, everyone needs a safe, accepting place. For many, Safe Harbor Family Church has become a place of safety, a sanctuary to weather life's storms. Safe Harbor Family Church is a nurturing place with a welcoming family atmosphere for everyone.
In 2010 Safe Harbor voted to seek affiliation with the United Church of Christ (UCC). On November 5, 2010 the United Church of Christ voted to accept Safe Harbor as one of their congregations.
On November 21, 2010, Safe Harbor held its first service in it's new location at 1345 Flowood Dr. in Flowood, providing a much larger worship space, offices etc.
Future plans include building our first worship center large enough to hold our regular services, and our community events.